WELCOME COLLECTORS & OPERATORS

This blog was created to have a place for anyone interested in Dorfan trains to come together to share. E-mail me your Dorfan pictures, links, trains you have for sale or questions. I will add your pictures or links to share with everyone. psychotrains@verizon.net
Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.


THE HISTORY OF DORFAN TRAINS

Julius and Milton Forchimer work for their cousin in Nurnberg Germany untin 1923. The company was Joseph Kraus & C0. They made toy trains named Fandor after Milton's and Julius's mothers, Fanny and Dora. In 1924 they moved to the US and started their own toy company. They reversed the name and called it Dorfan. They made toy trains starting in 1924 but the company could not survive the depression and ended in 1933. Trains were produced in both wide gauge and a narrow gauge equal to "O" gauge. The locomotive bodies were cast with Zinc-alloy which had not been perfected at that time. Most of the castings have crumbled with the passing of 80 years. Few of the locomotives are intact today and it is rare to find one that still runs.

Monday, March 24, 2014

I have been working on converting half of my garage into a train room. There is a u shape layout for o gauge with a 77 foot loop. I have 3 lines and even have a slot car track. There is a fireplace for the winter and a ceiling fan and swamp cooler for the summer. I installed a workbench to work on my trains with mounted train and slot car test tracks. There is a new flat screen TV and DVD player to watch all my recorded episodes of I love toy trains. Watch my original Dorfan steam train make it's way through the 77 feet of layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment